Yerevan State College of Culture /SNPO/ was founded in 1929 on the basis of the Republic School of Projectionists, which was changed into Yerevan Cinematography College in 1967 according to the act N 344 of the ASSR council of ministers. Later in 2000 according to the education, science, culture and sport minister’s decree N 97 it was renamed into Yerevan State College of Culture.
The admissions in the college with the current professions are implemented on a competitive basis with a full-time education form in both free and fee-based education forms. Students who study free-of-charge receive scholarships provided by the gorvernment. According to the order established by the Armenian government students with social or other status receive annual scholarships. With the results of a year's progress transference may occur from the free education form to the fee-based one, and vice versa. Graduates with high marks have the possibility to continue their education with their profession in the following institutes:
- Yerevan State Conservatory Named after Komitas /SNPO/
- Yerevan State Institute of Theatre and Cinematography /SNPO/
- Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovyan /SNPO/
- Scientific Educational Centre in Yerevan of Ternopol National Economic University
- Chuvash State Institute of Culture and Arts
- The Orel State Institute of Culture